we’re taking a group of people who have insider knowledge of the English language (or at least a good grasp of it) and placing them in a new, unfamiliar, virtual space. This space introduces visual aids to language in the form of photos and gifs, the ability to comment on someone else’s text in a reblog and the ability to communicate a lot of information in very few words using hashtags. We also see the creation of tone in a toneless medium. In order to simulate conversational patterns in writing we SHOUT WHEN WE’RE SUPER EXCITED or *psssst whisper when we’re pretending to tell someone a secret while perfectly aware that anyone on the internet can read what we’re saying.* slash the coolest bit tho is that u can like ironically forgo all capitalization and punctuation just write in a weird speech pattern its ok everyone will still understand maybe it even helps read the text more quickly because nothing is interrupting the flow of words
In short, this dialect results when people who already share a language are given new tools. The result isn’t a butchering of English language but a creative experiment with it. Am I claiming that the Internet as a whole is operating on a level of postmodernism that would make Joseph Heller, Kurt Vonnegut and Thomas Pynchon seem like novices? maybe i am maybe im not u punk wut of it like who r u to tell me otherwise
[Once you get this message you must give five random facts about yourself and then pass it on to your favorite 10 followers ^-^]
1) there should be a law against spreading these things to people who’ve already answered them because
2) i REALLY dont have five more //random// facts about meself.
3) but okay let’s go: even though i certainly dont love what i study/dont really care about it one bit if you’re interested. I still, for the love of me, can’t think what else i should have studied to like… get some fulfillment out of it. So I’m okay with where I am. Doesn’t make me happy, but certainly doesnt make me miserable, so it’s a win.
4) when i compare what i was into a year ago and what i’m into now, i dont think there could be a huger gap. I mean all the animu, fics, dumb boybands, whether korean or not. would have never even dreamed (had nightmares) about this. it’s good tho, it’ll help me distinguish this period in my life in the future. u cant really do that when your interests dont change. (I literally distinguish my past according to what classes i had in uni, some years at least)
5) fifth one. oh dear. well. idfk, honestly.oh yeh, i’m 23 years old (soon to be 24) and i never ever worked. not a day in my life. call me the luckiest fucker ever, cause you’d be absolutely right. too lucky for this world, i am.
yeah god, that part of this fandom is REALLY scary like, girls, calm down… it’s good to just take a step back and go back to the AUs bc this RL shit is dangerous - just don’t ever bother them/anyone connected to them in any way, christ
basically that. the fact they actually harass the people whether irl or online is like, WOW NO. ….I just sometimes get to such blogs while mindlessly browsing one 1D blog after another (yes i’m trash), and yeh, it’s really scary. (’s why i dont want to read actual RPF, because what if would end up like them? not happening, not on my watch, so yeah,s ticking to the lovely AU’s… :> )
yeah, you do get it for being chatty today :’D also, it was hard for me as well not to read the whole MM album in a really tinhatty way, it’s kinda hard with the fandom exploding around me (although i’m all for a secret love story, you know me)
what are u even talking about? i’m chatty all the fucking time…. or maybe not idek. yeh I mean okay i’m all for that shit too. but not ACTUALLY ACTUALLY. I personally dont want to care about their actual lives. I would love to detach myself from wanting to know and wondering. but it’s hard. but people who shit on their girlfriends etc and make every single thing about their secret love story in this fandom are kinda like idk, I just dont want no part in that (is this what u were talking about few months back, the ‘crazy’ part of the fandom? i see it, and i dont like it, ew)